Friday 24 January 2014

Bugaboo Birthday Challenge Number Two!

Hello!

Time for the second Bugaboo birthday challenge I'm entering this week and this time it's Thursday's challenge 'Just Kidding Around' which is to make a birthday card or project for a kid.

I decided to go with the 4th birthday theme and made a nice bright 4th birthday card!


I used Bugaboo's Tall Birthday Cake on this card which I fussy cut and coloured with Aegean, Amber, Berry Red, Bright Green, Cyan, Leaf Green, Poppy, Pumpkin, Sunflower and Yellow Promarkers.
The papers are Bo Bunny Very Vintage Double Dot and I cut a circle off centre from each background square using Spellbinders Standard Circles Small and swapped them round.
The '4' is from LOTV's 'Stitched Alphabet' set and the 'today' is from LOTV's 'Babies Companion Set'
The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from Lili of the Valley's 'Simply Sophisticated' set which I curved slightly on the block when I stamped it to fit the shape of the banner which was cut with La La Land's Folding Banners die.


I put the cake and banner on three lots of foam pads because of the extra layers in the banner and I wanted the cake to look as if it was sitting on the sentiment.

This is one of those cards that I'm rather proud of; I had a horrible feeling it was going to look a bit plain but I really like it. Hope you do too!

Erica

=)

1 comment:


  1. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Birthday Projest for Kids Challenge” with Bugaboo Stamps! I am so glad you could help us celebrate our birthday with us.

    Bugaboo Stamps DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete